Our partners at Medicare Today have a great new video about the different health care coverage options that Medicare offers. Here are a few highlights from the short video, but be sure to watch it for yourself!
- Medicare has four main parts: A, B, C, and D.
- Part A covers inpatient care, like hospital stays and hospice care.
- Part B covers outpatient care, such as doctor visits, preventative treatments and some medicines taken during your doctor visit.
- Part C, otherwise known as Medicare Advantage, is Medicare coverage offered by private health plans.
- Lastly, Part D covers outpatient prescription medications and is offered by private insurance companies.
Sign up for these plans happens during the open enrollment period each year, which is October 15 – December 7, 2017. Are you 65 or older and looking to enroll in Medicare? Mark your calendar!
For more information on Medicare coverage, check out the video or visit MedicareToday.org.